In telling other people's stories, names have been changed to protect their privacy, except for a few who were willing to be identified.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Living with a Fairy: a Personal Experience

By Rosemary

We thought it would be a good idea for me to write here about my own experiences of living with the fairy (nature spirit) Jorell. The details of how we made her acquaintance are towards the end of the previous post, by Andrew.


Actually we don't really know when she came to be with him. When we were interviewing Ch'kara SilverWolf and she told Andrew she saw a fairy on his shoulder, we assumed it was one of those who were in her home. But in hindsight it's possible Jorell had been with Andrew all along, and it was just that we didn't know about her until Ch'kara saw her and told us. When she agreed that she would go home with us, it may be that she had already been living with us and was simply confirming the fact.

Be that as it may, we were certainly aware of her after that.

Andrew longed to see her but has never, to his conscious knowledge, seen her or any other fairy. He began to talk to her telepathically, though, and to experience thoughts coming into his head which seemed to be her responses. She often gave him wise advice about problems and dilemmas. Yet there was always the niggling doubt – was he really just kidding himself, was it all in his imagination?

One day he set out to catch the bus to work, leaving me in bed with a heavy cold. On impulse he asked Jorell to stay behind and look after me instead of going with him to work as usual. I knew nothing of this, but at some point I heard something bumping lightly against the ceiling skirting boards from time to time. I thought it must be a large moth, but when I had a look there was nothing to be seen. Yet the noises continued. It came to me that it must be Jorell. Perhaps she was choosing this way of letting me know she was there.

So it was no great surprise when Andrew came home that evening and asked if she had returned as requested. We were both pretty thrilled at this confirmation of her reality.

I have not seen her, either, with my physical eyes. But I am able to tune in and do psychic drawings of people's energy fields, in which I am guided as to the colours and their placement on the page. I did one of Jorell in 1993. It's one of the prettiest I've ever done, in bright, soft rainbow colours. It's quite abstract, but the sweep of the colours does suggest fairy wings.


My drawing of Jorell's energy, or aura. © Rosemary Nissen-Wade 1993


We think of her as a nature spirit, but it's clear that she is not associated with any particular plant. She is free to roam where she will, accompanying Andrew to work before he retired, then moving with us from Victoria to New South Wales.

In 1992 I became involved in planetary healing and the creation of flower essences, with two other women and in co-creation with the devic kindgom. Our guides wanted us to go and do some energy work in a particular part of the country. I arranged to visit a friend who lived there. She knew nothing of what we were up to, but she did have the ability to see and communicate with nature spirits. When I phoned to ask if I could come and stay, she told me she'd been expecting the call, and she asked if anyone else was coming with me. When I asked why, she told me that one morning she walked out into her garden and heard all the nature spirits whispering excitedly: 'They're coming! The ones who talk to fairies!' She said, 'That fairy of Andrew's, Jorell, came up here to tell them.'

So then we understood that either Jorell was able to travel great distances in the blink of an eye, or she could be in more than one place at a time.

© Andrew Wade and Rosemary Nissen-Wade 2008

No comments: